Monday 16 May 2016

Cardamom flavored condensed milk muffins

Baking cakes or muffins is something I hardly do. But I had an unopened pack of condensed milk, my willingness to use that and the sight of the muffin pan lying by the side, tempted me to to try some baking. Cardamom is one of the spices I love. I am so generous with adding them in Indian milk tea. My tea is always a little more milky, more edge on sweetness too. That is the way I like my tea.
Now for these muffins I used no fancy ingredients, just the normal ones available in pantry did my job. My daughter too was interested in seeing how they come out, hence we spent solid one hour in the afternoon baking them. The aroma that filled in the kitchen was overwhelming. That is the best part of baking for me. Here we go.



Ingredients:
Makes 12 muffins
Dry ingredients:
All purpose flour/Refined flour - 1½ cup
Powdered sugar-1 cup
Baking powder-1 tsp.
Crushed cardamom-1 tsp.

Wet ingredients:
Condensed milk-340 gms (4% fat)
Clarified butter- 1 tablespoon

Recipe:

  1. Preheat the oven to 175 degree Celsius. In  a bowl add the wet ingredients and mix.
  2. Followed by that sieve the dry ingredients together except cardamom. 
  3. Now add cardamom and mix lightly.
  4. Transfer the dry mixture little by little into the wet mixture and fold the dry ingredients into the mixture.
  5. Do not over mix. once well folded, line the muffins or cupcake pan with the paper muffin cups.
  6. Pour in the cake batter just up to ¾ of the cups.Place them in the oven and bake them at 175 degree Celsius for around 20 mins.Once done take them out and let them cool.










Notes:

  • I added only one cup powdered sugar, but I think it would have been better if I added another ¼ cup of sugar more as I feel it would have made them little more sweet.
  • The condensed milk I used was unsweetened, if sweetened one, adjust sugar according to your taste.
  • I had no butter, hence opted for clarified butter/ghee, but if butter is available, I guess same portion of room temperature butter would serve the purpose.

Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment