Tuesday 27 August 2013

Bread Potato Roll/ Aloo Bread Roll

The continuous change in weather here with alternate cold and hot days is badly affecting our health. My kid who started to go to daycare, plays everyday and comes sweating at times. So she is getting cold and throat pain very often. Now that she has got it is very obvious that a mom who spends whole day with the kid will also get flu from her. I was getting cautious and took all medication little well in advance when I feared of catching flu from her. Even she is getting better.
Yesterday I enjoyed my dinner as it was my better half special with sambar and rice. He prepares awesome sambar I must say. He used ghee to give tadka/seasoning and mind blowing it was to enjoy that spicy hot sambar with hot rice. He is not ready to reveal his secret recipe to me it seems. Well no matter whenever I wish to have them I would expect him to do that. My one job will be less, isn't it? I was so happy to get a platter full of hot rice and steaming sambar with roasted raw jackfruit papads. Well I'm happy that he obliged when I asked if I could take a pic of that cute plate and put it up here in my space. So thought would share a recipe which I had written 2 days back, on Sunday we and friends enjoyed at tea time this savory bread potato roll. Here I take you all straight to the recipe.


Ingredients:
Potato-4 medium sized boiled and mashed.
Bread slices-5-6 to prepare bread crumbs (You could use readily available bread crumbs too)
Green chillies-2-3 finely chopped
Cumin seeds/Jeera-1 tsp.
Coriander powder-1 tsp.
Turmeric powder-1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Oil- to deep fry+ 2 tsp.

Recipe:
  1. In a pan add 2 tsp. oil, when hot add jeera and as they splatter add green chillies.
  2. Sauté and then add mashed potatoes to it. Mix well.
  3. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt to taste.Now sauté well on a medium flame till all spices get well incorporated.
  4. Dry grind the bread slices to prepare bread crumbs, if you have readily available crumbs, you could use it.
  5. Mix the bread crumbs prepared to the potato mixture prepared in step 3.
  6.  Add little salt if needed. Knead well till you get a dough similar to roti or chapathi dough.
  7. Pinch out a ball from the dough and roll between your greased palms to get a good cigar shaped cylinder roll.
  8. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown and transfer them to kitchen towel.Serve hot with ketchup or any homemade chutney and enjoy.
 



 

This was the dinner I got to eat from my better half. Ain't the platter looking great?


Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)
Sending this to Cutchi Kitchen, Gujarati zaika



Sending this to Cook Click n devour


 

No comments:

Post a Comment